- Morgan D. Schut is Recipient of 2021 Golden Gavel Award February 18, 2021
- Zawideh Authors Article for Michigan Probate & Estate Planning Journal February 10, 2021
- Attorney Will Sanford Joins Kemp Klein February 4, 2021
- Oakland Literacy Council Donor Spotlight January 29, 2021
- Kemp Klein Book Club Celebrates 100th Pick January 18, 2021
Kemp Klein attorneys pride themselves in understanding the planning needs of big and small businesses, as well as the unique concerns of family-run businesses. When it comes to planning, the firm is accustomed to handling formation of business and investment entities, as well as reorganizations, liquidations and securities matters.
On behalf of buyers and sellers, Kemp Klein has an outstanding record in the areas of planning, negotiating, structuring and implementing business and financial transactions including buy/sell agreements, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
The firm has advised a variety of clients on numerous commercial law issues in connection with the sale and leasing of goods and secured transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
A Kemp Klein team with expertise in securities and tax is able to advise business leaders on the most desirable methods of financing and structuring organizations and transactions. The goal is always to achieve a smooth running operation while minimizing taxes.
We excel in:
- formation of business and investment entities
- negotiation of contracts, mergers, sales, acquisitions
- reorganizations, liquidations and securities matters
- designing exempt offerings
- registration, reporting, proxy solicitations
- regulation of broker/dealers
- designing qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements
- development of qualified pension and profit sharing plans
- employment agreements and stock option agreements
- structuring buy-sell and other shareholder control agreements
- negotiating and resolving shareholder/partner disputes
The Kemp Klein attorneys in this practice area include:
William B. Acker
C. Leslie Banas
Cynthia E. Brazzil
Richard C. Bruder
Ralph A. Castelli, Jr.
Earle E. Endelman
Faith M. Gaudaen
David D. Marsh
Christopher R. Martella
Norman D. Orr
Brian H. Rolfe
Will C. Sanford
Morgan D. Schut
Cynthia L. Umphrey
Michael D. Umphrey