- Sinai Authors Article for Michigan Business Law Journal December 2, 2020
- Morgan Schut Named Winner of the Detroit Bar Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyers Awards for 2020 November 30, 2020
- Kemp Klein ranked in 2021 “Best Law Firms” November 5, 2020
- Jenney and Ringler Presenting Webinar for Lorman Education Services October 29, 2020
- Attorney Martella Presenting at Legus International Fall Meeting October 6, 2020
Attorneys in Kemp Klein’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Practice Group represent creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, acquirers, trustees, and debtors, both in and out of bankruptcy. Some of the businesses that hire the firm are in the automotive, plastics, steel, retail, and real estate markets.
We have extensive experience in every phase of client representation, including structuring workouts, negotiating and drafting financing and related transactional documents, and in all aspects of bankruptcy matters, including debtor-in-possession financing, negotiating and drafting Chapter 11 plans of reorganization, and litigating avoidance actions. Our practice also includes representing professionals and business people in their individual bankruptcies.
Our current and recent representations include:
- Pilot Industries, Inc., Auto Supplier; represented Unofficial Unsecured Creditors’ Committee in out-of-court reorganization and in their “prepackaged” Chapter 11 case.
- Elias Brothers Restaurants, Inc. (Big Boy), out-of-court reorganization and subsequent Chapter 11; represent key shareholders and subsequently the buyer of the company’s assets.
- Regal Plastics, Inc., auto supplier; out-of-court reorganization; represented unofficial unsecured creditors’ committee.
- Ravenna Aluminum, Inc., Ohio auto supplier; out-of-court reorganization; represented unofficial unsecured creditors’ committee.
- MCA Financial Corp. et al, Real estate financing, Chapter 11; represented the official unsecured creditors’ committee.
- Chivas Products Limited, auto supplier; represented unofficial unsecured creditors’ committee in out-of-court reorganization and in their Chapter 11 case.
- Bates Fabricating, Inc., Tennessee auto supplier; out-of-court reorganization; represented unofficial unsecured creditors’ committee.
- Wesley International, Inc., auto supplier, Chapter 11; represented controlling shareholder.
- American Way Service Corporation Inc., Chapter 11; United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida; represented creditors’ committee member.
The experience of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group allows Kemp Klein to handle even the largest bankruptcy matters. In addition, because of the availability of Kemp Klein’s tax, corporate, real estate, labor and litigation groups, we are equipped to handle all aspects of a case without the need for “special counsel.” Moreover, members of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group assist other attorneys within the firm in structuring business transactions designed to anticipate and resolve potential bankruptcy problems.
For more information about our Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group, please contact: