- Kemp Klein attorneys among Michigan Super Lawyers September 3, 2019
- Brian Jenney to Speak at 5th Annual Elder Law Institute August 28, 2019
- 16 KEMP KLEIN LAWYERS NAMED TO 2020 BEST LAWYERS® LIST August 15, 2019
- George Gregory to Speak at MICPA Small Firm Practitioners Conference August 1, 2019
- Cynthia L. Umphrey Films Estate Planning Demonstration with ICLE July 30, 2019
Kemp Klein attorneys can design, amend and/or terminate your defined benefit and defined contribution plans. We can obtain IRS determination letters and DOL opinion letters, as well as draft summary plan descriptions, welfare benefit notices and employee benefit handbooks.
Clients include third party administrators, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities. Our attorneys can perform an ERISA due diligence review in corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. We can advise on the priority of employee benefit claims in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. We will resolve benefits litigation brought by plan participants and will consult with clients on litigation exposure and strategy.
Recently, we successfully concluded a DOL pension welfare benefits administration audit of a governmental sponsored health plan with over 30,000 participants.
For more information on these matters, please contact: